Vegan yummeh Lasagna

Wow, my son absolutely loves a good vegan lasagna. So yesterday I made him his favourite dish alongside some Roasted potatoes. I used a lot of different ingredients for this one. I usually buy a bag of Mediterranean veg and make a quick one. For this one I thought let's put more love into it. The ingredients that I used for my lasagna is quite expensive but very healthy. We shall call this one busy vegan lasagna lol. 

Ingredients for the filling:

Cougett
Aubergine
Red onion
Garlic cloves
Walnuts
Wild mushroom
Spinach
Dandelion leaf (dried dandelion leaf,from a health shop)
Tin tomatoes I used the small tomatoes you can use whatever you fancy.
Tomato paste
Oregano
Basil
White onion
Leek
Sweet peppers red and yellow
2 whole green chillies (optional)

I cut all these up into small pieces and fried it ontop of the stove in a pan.I added salt and pepper as needed to taste. And some vegitable stock cube. Until all the veg was cooked down and caramelized looking. Nice and soft,taste accordingly.

Then I placed pasta sheets on a metal sheet tray and layed with the filling. I made two layers. You can do your layers according to how much you are making.

Once the mixture and layers are completed,I then began to make a cheese sauce. I had one ingredient missing that I would normally use. Nutritional yeast, but I had a plan b.My sauce came out amazing 😍.

Ingredients:

Pine nuts
Marmite
Coconut milk
Lime
Salt and white pepper
Garlic
Coconut oil
Flour and butter to make a roux

I put all ingredients apart from the roux in my blender and made sure all was blended well I added seasonings accordingly I didn't need much because Marmite is quite salty. On the stove in a pan I melted butter and added flour about a table spoon and began to stir. I then added my cheese sauce mixture and let it heat up until the sauce became thick.

Before I added the sauce I squeezed a blob of tomato paste randomly on the top of pasta.Then poured sauce on the top. After I topped with basil leaves,give it that pazazz.

This was before I thought about basil leaves. Anyway once completed I placed the lasagne in the oven until all pasta sheets and the rest are cooked. Add water just a little touch on the top of the lasagne if needed to help sheets to cook. I cooked this for half an hour on a medium to high heat.Cook accordingly to your own appliance settings.

We enjoyed this with some roast potatoes.

Comments

Popular Posts